Committed to Protecting your Privacy
Tompkins Insurance Services Ltd. values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as source of advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us. We may obtain and keep on file personal information that you have provided. This personal information, not publicly published, may include but is not limited to:
Income tax information
- Account statements from other firms, including banks, trust companies or fund companies;
- Pension plan information;
- Legal documents including wills, trusts and powers of attorney;
- Copies of identification including photo identification and banking information; and
- Information that may have been acquired from external sources prior to our relationship such as accountants, financial or legal advisors or financial institutions subject to our specific agreement.
Tompkins Insurance Services Ltd. may use and disclose this information to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner;
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Analyze business results; and
- Act as required or authorized by law.
You have the following rights concerning your privacy:
- You have the right to know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your personal information;
- You have the right to expect an organization to handle your information responsibly and to not use it for any purpose other than the one to which you consented;
- You have the right to know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information;
- You have the right to expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure;
- You have the right to inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current;
- You have the right to expect an organization to destroy your information when requested and when no longer required for the intended original purpose;
- You have the right to confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information and may escalate your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if needed; and
- You have the right to remove your consent at any time by contacting Tompkins Insurance Services Ltd. in writing.
Tompkins Insurance Services Ltd. will not:
- Sell your personal information to anyone; and
- Share your personal information with organizations outside of our relationship that would use it to contact you about their own products or services.